Link Building Services
White Hat Link Building, Compelling Content
How Link Building Works
Tell us your website and the keywords you’re hoping to target for improvement in the search results.
Our SEO expert link builders will review your order and reach out if they have a suggestion for optimization, then handoff your placement requests to our editorial team for ideation.
PITCH & PLACE
Our editorial team will complete content creation and then pitch content until it’s accepted by a publication, and ultimately goes live.
As a LinkGraph client you will have full visibility into your campaign through your customer dashboard, and check the status of each link in your order in real-time. Our dashboard also includes tools to help you track changes to your keyword rankings, run a backlink analysis, view domain metrics for your links, and allows you to download unbranded CSVs for white labeled reporting.
Link Building Pricing
Domain Authority (DA) is a metric for how authoritative a website is considered by Search Engines.
The higher the DA of a site, the more likely a reference (dofollow backlink) from that site to yours is to increase your SERP. We offer self-serve link building products through DA 50+, for link building over DA 60 please see managed campaigns or talk to one of our high-quality link sales representatives.
Are you just getting started with link building? Prime the pump with these starter links and get ready for a higher-authority push.
5 – DA 20-40 Links
Have a small backlink profile and looking to round it out? See steady organic growth with stratified links.
2 – DA 40-60 Links
2 – DA 20-40 Links
Looking to grow aggressively? This stratified package will have you climbing the rankings at record pace.
1 – DA 80-99 Link
2 – DA 60-80 Links
1 – DA 40-60 Link
1 – DA 20-40 Link
Already have an established backlink profile? Own your space with this top-tier package designed for aggressive growth.
2 – DA 80-99 Links
4 – DA 60-80 Links
2 – DA 40-60 Links
Discount Pricing for Bulk Orders
Discounts for Bulk Orders
Place a large order and receive a bulk discount. Links can be built immediately, or spaced out over the course of a few months or year as appropriate for your website.
What is Link Building?
Link Building is a content marketing strategy that can help you reach your target audiences. It improves your search rankings and expands your web presence. Picture your website like a resume for your business — links from other sites are like references. The better your references, the more trust search engines will have for your site, and the higher it will rank in organic search.
How do you get a backlink? You provide value. In the case of digital marketing, this means creating great content that is engaging, informative, helpful, or funny. The #1 ranking factor in organic search is the number of unique referring domains in a backlink profile.
Effective link building campaigns improve your ranking signals, improve search rankings, and increase organic traffic. Our advanced link building strategies come from a decade of experience in online marketing and successful link acquisition for hundreds of agencies and brands.
Our 50+ person editorial team is comprised of industry insiders, journalists, professors, creative writers, veteran bloggers, and content strategists. They know exactly how to make compelling content for each of the publications we target in a campaign. Our writers are adept at writing in literary voices appropriate for mom and pop blogs to marquee publications (ex: Forbes, Huffington Post, Harvard, New York Times).
Link Building Basics
What is Domain Authority (DA)?
Domain Authority (DA) is a metric for how authoritative a website is considered by Search Engines. The higher the DA of a site, the more likely a reference (dofollow backlink) from that site to yours is to increase your SERP.
We offer self-serve link building products through DA 50+, for link building over DA 60 please see managed campaigns or speak with a link building expert from our team.
What kind of anchor text can I use?
There are really two strategies: branded anchors, and search or keyword anchors.
- Branded anchors will help increase your web presence (when someone searches your brand, you’ll pop up in articles all across the internet). Branded anchors usually point back to your home page and help raise the overall DA and visibility of your site.
- Keyword anchors are terms that a user is likely to search for in Google when they are looking for a site, products, or services like yours. The more specific the search term, the more likely the user is to convert when they hit your site. For example, a used car dealership in downtown Atlanta is much more likely to see conversions for “used cars in downtown Atlanta” than they are for “where to buy a used car?”
Remember to be thoughtful about the amount of exact match anchor text in your backlink profile. Google’s algorithm updates (Penguin, Hummingbird, etc) targeted sites with a high percentage of exact match anchor text (70%+), causing them to lose rankings in search or get penalized in extreme cases.
Do you only build DOFOLLOW backlinks?
Yes, unless specifically requested, all of our services are “dofollow” by default.
That being said, nofollow links have an important role to play in your link profile and you’re branding. In fact, coming in 2020 Google will be starting to treat nofollow links as a “hint” when it comes to your link profile.
If you’re interested in nofollow links we can help grow this part of your back link profile through PR-style campaigns.
Can you do link building for restricted industries?
Yes, we are capable of handling technical writing, niche topics, e-commerce sites, product pages, and restricted industries.
White hat link building is all about writing relevant content that will be useful to readers, and then pitching that content to RELEVANT publications.
We have never had an issue placing content for hyper technical clients, adwords-restricted clients, or any other business.
Do You Do Broken Link Building?
Broken link building is a great strategy, and if requested we can help you with a broken link building push.
However, none of our standard link building services or packages include broken link building. We’re primarily an editorial-focused link building company. We’ve seen over and over again that the greatest impact for clients comes from offsite content marketing.
Organic Outreach Services
Do you follow white hat link building practices?
Yes, all of our link building campaigns are 100% white-hat! We only engage in outreach with publishers that exceed our strict quality score KPIs.
Spammy links or “black hat links” from low-quality sites are easy to identify based on several metrics, including the publisher’s trust flow, organic traffic, backlink profile, and outbound link profile.
Low quality link building methods like blog commenting, duplicate content syndication/article spinning, and cloaking can all result in a manual penalty from Google, specifically Google’s Penguin algorithm.
We’ve helped websites in need of toxic backlink remediation from such link schemes recover their website rankings from black hat link building campaigns and negative SEO attacks that caused them to lose search rankings. If you need help recovering from a penalty, please get in touch with us.
How do you form relationships with publishers?
There’s really no magic, it’s a lot of outreach, and a lot of rejection. Here’s our
publisher outreach email stats from December 2018:
- 293 new publishers contacted
- 51% reply rate
- 522 emails sent!
- 112 new publisher relationships formed.
How long does it take you to build backlinks?
We have most content published in 30 days or less.
Occasionally for niche sites it can take a little longer to build links if we haven’t developed any publication relationships in that sector before and don’t have visibility into upcoming editorial calendars – but we’ve got the process down to a science and after tens of thousands of placements, we have yet to be unable to deliver for a client.
Our outreach team specializes in building relationships with publishers, and know how to craft compelling pitch statements. We also have extensive details on the stylistic guidelines for each publication, the topics they’re interested in, and the best contact for pitches.
When it comes to link placement, our team gets to “yes” faster. When we craft content, we make sure it meets the quality and style standards of each publication prior to submitting a pitch. We also regularly pitch with a full piece, and a secondary list of ideas. This both simplifies the pitch process, and reduces time-to-publication, as editorial teams rarely need to do a heavy edit on our content.
How do you determine which publications to pitch?
We’ve worked in many niches and successfully pitched for thousands of clients. This is our process:
- We start with an analysis of your domain, backlink profile, and goals.
- We identify what kind of link placements your site, brand, and business are ready for. Then we provide you an overview for how we can approach building quality links safely for your site.
- We complete a competitor review, and reverse engineer the backlink strategies that work for your niche specifically.
- We identify the publications, writers, and influencers most likely to accept content related to your business and niche (based on the link intersect for your competitors).
- We further add to this list based on our own industry knowledge and editorial connections.
- We sort the list by authority metrics, and stratify our pitch plan for impact.
- We then draft content tailored to the voice, reading level, and stylistic guidelines of each publication we’re targeting.
- We engage in a rapid pitch-and-revision process until we’ve completed your order.
- If two similar publications both exhibited interest in a pitch, we’ll send the article to the one with the best authority metrics.
Longer campaigns allow us better options for pitching higher-authority publications, that may take longer to agree on a pitch.
What can I expect from a LinkGraph placement?
Linkgraph pitches full articles to 3rd party websites, blogs, publications, influencers, and more!
You can expect a 600-1200 word article with a contextual link, published on a content-relevant publication, with an image. These are articles you can be proud to have show up in search. The articles we place are also at a calibur that you can happily show your clients, if you’re looking for a white-label provider
Your link placement will always be positioned positively within each article with pitch, and best of all – your links are permanent!
Real organic link placement services will never, EVER, charge you a monthly fee to keep links up. Link “rental” is a hallmark of PBNs and shady guest posting sites. Link placements are worth more if they appear native to the site without guest post attribution, or sponsored tags.
Can I write the content, and you do the pitching?
No. It’s much more efficient for us to write content which is already stylistically matched to the target publications. If you want to put effort in a link building push, it’s more helpful for you to focus on:
- link reclamation / broken links by setting up redirects for any broken links pointing to your web pages
- improving internal linking to your important landing pages
- disavowing bad links in your link profile
- creating new linkable assets that will earn you relevant links. We can also create search optimized content for your blog and/or landing pages.
- focusing on improving important technical SEO items like SEO tags, page speed, and schema.org markup.
Can I review the content before it goes live?
We guarantee that your business will always be positioned positively, and that we will have agreed upon the anchors with you ahead of time. However, we do not offer offsite content review within our regular price point or 30-day turnaround time frames.
Content is frequently tweaked for each publication we pitch to, and often goes through a rapid editing process with the editorial team of the target publication. Allowing for client review and approval would mean missing publication windows in the fast-paced editorial world.
If you absolutely must review content for approval, check out our managed SEO campaigns. When we’re able to plan for editorial calendars a few months out we have more room to craft and review content collaboratively with our clients who work with us more regularly.
Can I see samples of your articles?
Yes! If you’re curious, reach out via email ([email protected]), or talk to our chatbot and request samples – we’ll send you examples relevant to your business./span>
What happens if content you placed disappears?
If a publication goes out of business within the first year of us placing content for you, we’ll replace the link.
If content is removed from a site for any reason and your hyperlink is broken, we’ll replace the link.
The publishers we work with are independent from our company so they do have the authority to make changes to their sites, but if anything ever goes wrong we’ll make it right. No worries!
Included SEO Consulting
Can I talk to an SEO Expert?
What anchor text should I use?
When you place an order with LinkGraph one of our search experts will review your site, backlink profile, and order. They can then advise you on how to maximize return based on your goal(s) and budget. Their job is to make your campaign as successful as possible so that you keep working with our team!
When you’re just starting out, it’s usually easier to get published if you use your brand name, website URL, or generic anchor text.
After you’ve built up some authority, and relative content on your website, then you can begin expanding into using commercial keywords as anchor text. But a lot of publications that will take content from less-known sources have guidelines that restrict hyperlink anchor text to naked URLs or brand names.
What's the process for DA 50+ backlinks?
One of our SEO experts will need to check your backlink profile to make sure that the amount you are interested in acquiring, doesn’t throw off the balance/distribution of your link profile enough to risk a manual penalty.
The goal of link building should be to create equity for your site that lasts over time. SEO should be treated as an investment, and we want to make sure clients new to SEO are investing wisely.
If your site is newer we can do some high-DA outreach work for your business, but our team would recommend a broader outreach campaign to build up your overall authority and online presence first. Then when we reach out to more authoritative publications, and they look up your company – there’s more of a footprint for them to find.
What are markers of the best link building services?
The best link building services companies do:
- Put your link placement is in a full article with contextual relevancy.
- Pitch publications with content relevancy to the article and/or your business.
- Ensure all placements are permanent.
- Turn down your money when you try to do things that could damage your site or rankings.
- Add new sites and targets to their outreach list based on your audience and competitors.
- Have real humans available to answer your questions, consult on your site, and provide guidance.
- Take feedback and incorporate it into the work.
- Make sure you maintain an organic link profile, and organic anchor text distribution.
- Help with keyword research and selection.
- Promise specific publications- if an agency can guarantee you placement on a specific publication, they are not doing organic outreach. Organic outreach involves a LOT of rejection.
- Demand an up-front long term contract (good work speaks for itself).
- Have “sponsored tags” on their placements.
- Own the sites they’re “pitching” to (no private blog networks).
- Let more than 20-30% of your anchors be commercial terms.
- Have spelling and grammar mistakes in their placement content.
- Sell link insertion.
- Tell customers with brand new sites that they can rank for high difficulty terms just to make a sale.
Getting Started with SEO
I'm new to SEO, can you help?
Yes! We have a variety of SEO knowledge resources on our blog, including:
- SEO 101 Guide
- Beginners Keywords 101 Guide
- On-site Content 101 Guide
- A primer on preparing your site for link building
Contact an Account Manager to learn more about the SEO training classes we offer on the advanced SEO strategies we have pioneered.